Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Day 9

Today was my official first day at my designated work location. However, it is still undecided as to what particular tasks I will be assigned. I will either be working with the costumes that pertain to the dressing rooms of all the performers that work in the World Showcase in EPCOT (China, Morocco, Japan, Canada, UK, etc.) That means I have to work with bellydancer costumes and the cotumes for those guys who play "The Beatles," for example.
The other option might be to work on the Character Floor. Which deals more with the performers who play the characters, such as Belle, Jasmin, Aurora, Peter Pan, etc. These are called "face characters" because they don't wear masks. They use their own facial characteristics to play a part. And being on the Character Floor also means working with characters with head pieces, such as Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc.
The most interesting thing that happened to me today was that I got to go in a car while driving through the inside of EPCOT. This was before all the guests were let in. It's a pretty amazing process to see what actually goes on behind the scenes. So much stuff happens around the clock.
I also got to be part of another ride. The Studio backlot Tour in MGM Studios.

No comments: